Friday, October 07, 2005

Food For Thought

My roommate likes to talk.... A lot. He's a Louisiana Southerner and it's in his blood. I certainly don't hold it against him and it can be quite entertaining at times. The majority of his blather usually has to do with some topic that you (hopefully) may or (unfortunately) may not have interest in.

However, as was the case tonight, he spewed forth probably the most prophetic thing I've ever heard him utter. It was in regards to a former roommate of ours who is gay. I've gotten permission from him to hijack it and blog about it - the reason being is that I feel that it pertains to the majority of the gay population and their obsessiveness with being and attaining all things "gay". (Feel free to substitute the appropriate pronoun. I will be using the original text.)

She wasn't born the day she was born. She was born the day she figured out she was a lesbian.

Obviously, this doesn't apply to all gay folk, but think about it. How many gay people out there act as though their lives started when they realized their own sexuality? If you were to strip them of their attraction to the same sex, and the activities and behaviors that go with it, how much of a life would they have left?

Things that make me go, "Hmmmmm...."

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist D' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP