Monday, January 23, 2006

Oprah's Osama's Book Club

Author William Blum is seeing an increase in the sale of his book Rogue State: A Guide To The World's Only Superpower, after it had received an endorsement from Osama bin Laden in his latest tape.

I was quite surprised and even shocked and amused when I found out what he'd said.

"Amused." Yeah.... That Osama's an f'n laugh riot when he wants to be.
I was glad. I knew it would help the book's sales and I was not bothered by who it was coming from.

Of course it wouldn't bother you, Mr. Blum. You and bin Laden are on the same side. You're pals. You have a bond akin to that of college roommates who decided one night after a frat party that a little experimentation never hurt anyone.

I don't fault Blum for writing the book. Crackpots are literary goldmines nowadays. What sickens me is that the book was published before 9/11 and this guy still feels that an endorsement from bin Laden is a good thing.

.... Because it'll help his sales.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist D' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP