Saturday, April 08, 2006

McKinney's Apology

As most of you know, Rep. McKinney recently apologized for the incident that took place over a week ago involving her "altercation" with a Capitol Police guard. Expose The Left has the video and the transcript of her apology.

What they don't have is the rough draft originally written by McKinney and later edited by some of her senior staff members. Through some absolutely random happenstance (and a couple tedious, sticky fumblings in the backseats of cars), CoD? was able to attain a copy of the original statement:

REP. MCKINNEY: Yo’, mad props to Thank you, Mr. Speaker. I come before this body to personally express for the first time again my sincere regret about the fact I bitch-slapped an officer of the law encounter with the capitol hill police. I appreciate my bruthahs and sistahs colleagues who are standing with me (I don’t know who let the Whiteys in), who love this institution, and who love this country. There should not have been any physical contact in this re-run of the Rodney King incident. I have always supported crying racism whenever I could in order to shore up the black vote law enforcement and will be voting for H.R. 756 (say this with fingers crossed behind back), expressing my gratitude and appreciation to the professionalism and dedication of the men and women of the U.S. Cracker Capitol police. I am sorry that I am strong and proud African American woman who had no choice but to defend myself from The Man who obviously should’ve recognized me, ‘fro and all, even though I had bypassed security with no identification on me at all this misunderstanding happened at all and I regret I didn’t leave a mark or knock a few of his orthodontisized teeth out his gums its escalation and I apologize, sort of. Word. Peace out. Thank you, Mr. Speaker.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist D' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP