Thursday, June 01, 2006

Where's Waldo?

**UPDATE 6/2** While I am not organizing the deal, there will be a small group of people at Ground Zero on the anniversary who will be paying their respects to those who died that day, as well as handing out literature that casts serious doubt on the conspiracy crowd. More information will be available in the days and weeks leading up to the event and I will be sure to post it here for anyone in the area who would like to come out. Keep checkin back.

***This post is gonna stay at the top for awhile. Scroll down for the random new stuff.***

I'm sure you regulars have noticed the lack of posting recently. I commented on this last weekend, stating my hope to return to a regular blogging schedule sometime this week.

Well, that didn't happen did it....

The truth of the matter is that I've picked up a bit of a cause du jour over the past week or so which has kind of put this blog on the back burner.

Some backstory first: A couple months ago, there was a group of 9/11 conspiracy loons who set up camp right outside my building here in the financial district. Over my lunch break, I went out to see what they were spouting off and was given a DVD. That movie, Loose Change, has subsequently been making its way rather speedily over the internet. With the release of the Pentagon tapes last week, the conspiracy crowd seems to have a renewed energy and this film, along with other more cracked-out theories, have been spreading - especially among the younger crowd.

An argument can be made that these people are harmless. I happen to disagree. Spreading the myth that Al-Qaeda doesn't exist and that there is no Islamic threat in the world today - and having people buy into that idea - is dangerous in my opinion. Add to that the fact that these people have been and will be at Ground Zero for the 9/11 anniversary, and my blood starts to boil.

So basically, I've been doing a lot of reading, mostly on sites dedicated to debunking the film and "debating" people whose minds are warped enough to believe this crap. The goal being to bone up on the facts of what happened that day while also getting to know the kind of people who are susceptible to believe this crap.

I have also been floating around the idea of organizing a group to be at Ground Zero this year to do some debunking in person. Looking into the logistics of organizing that have also kept me preoccupied.

So forgive the lack of posting, but it's likely to remain that way for a little bit, at least as far as serious things go.

However, if another Palpatine video pops up, you can bet that we'll have it here. (Have to maintain some standards, no?)

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist D' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP