Monday, September 25, 2006

... And By Retirement, I Meant Hiatus

Yeah, okay. So I'm back....

Bust out the Told-Ya-Sos, go around and collect your earnings for those that bet I couldn't stay away for longer than two months. Get it out of your system. I'll wait....

...

Okay, moving on. So.... Where was I? I'm sure my die-hard fan is curious as to what I've been up to the past couple months, so I'll explain. Leading up to my retirement hiatus, there had been a steady increase in posts dealing with 9/11 and the conspiracy theories surrounding that day. Long story short, I kinda' got caught up in it - to the point where it was border-line obsessive. Reading books, looking at debunkings, skimming NIST reports, posting on forums.... On and on and on. It had even reached the point where I was meeting up with some other "debunkers" and heading down to Ground Zero every Saturday to meet the crazy crowd head-on*. Needless to say, constantly reliving that day and being at that site at least once every week starts to take its toll. It just ain't healthy.

So I'm easing up on it. I'll most likely still post some stuff on the topic (unfortunately, the nutters seem to be getting a bit more mainstream), and I'm sure I'll still peek in every now and then just to see what the Loose Change crew and its followers are up to. But the bottom line is it's a pointless battle. I'd have a better chance of convincing the Pope that God's a sham.

So I'm back to blogging. New swagger. New digs. Slightly bigger man-boobs. It may take me awhile to get back up to speed, but be patient. And link me often. (Helps with the ego.)

Here's to the never-ending quest to attain my ounce of blogosphere notoriety.

* It took every fiber of my being to not type "apply directly to the forehead" three times.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist D' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP