Tuesday, December 18, 2007

'Tis The Season To Be Meme'd

As much as I despise these things, I think deep down in places I don't like to talk about at parties, I secretly love them. It's like having an excuse to release your inner narcissist. And it seems as though NDT is my inner-narcissist supplier, as he is constantly tagging me. (Should his husband be worried.....?)

Anyway, here we go.

1. Wrapping or gift bags?
Jesus. A humdinger right off the bat. I wanna say wrapping, 'cause on the receiving end, it's fun as hell to tear into stuff Christmas morning. On the giving end however, I just can't seem to master the fold-over on the ends - to the point where it gets all bunched up and puffy, like it was wrapped by a class of special kindergartners. So, I'll say gift bags. As a gay man, they're a hell of a lot easier to accessorize anyway.

2. Real or artificial tree?
This is all dependent upon your geographic location. If you live in an urban area devoid of any natural vegetation (say New York City) and don't feel like shelling out $150 to purchase a half-dead, rat-infested evergreen that must be lugged through a subway system crowded with dumb tourists and angry shoppers, then you go artificial. If you live in suburbia within 25 miles of mom and dad who grow Christmas trees and will cut one down for you free of charge, you go real.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Whenever mom cuts it down and the roomie's SUV is available for transport.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Whenever the other roomie starts bitching about having to sweep up dead pine needles three times a day.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Who doesn't? Only commies and Islamo-fascists don't like eggnog.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
World peace. It was broken though, so I had to exchange it for a Nintendo.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene?
Fresh out. I do live on the same block as a church though, so I'm sure they've got that covered.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
In the spirit of the holiday, I will say that I have never received a bad gift. It's the thought that counts, right? That said, were I to stoop to such an inconsiderate level, I'd go with that Christmas tree tie with Santas all over it that actually played Jingle Bells if you pressed the end of it.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
If I weren't so lazy, I'd go actual Christmas cards. Of course, I don't do the email ones either. I take the mentality that no-matter-how-many-I-send-out-I'd-still-forget-someone-and-would-therefore-lapse-into-a-state-of-suicidal-depression-so-it's-safer-just-to-not-bother.

10. Favorite Christmas movie?
Truly a tough question. It is a modern day classic and I'd like to say A Christmas Story, but my heart is going with National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. After all.... We're gonna' have the hap-hap-happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny Fuckin' Kaye!

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually it's on or around December 23rd. I work best under pressure.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Food. I'm not picky. Ham. Turkey. Pumpkin pie. I'll eat it.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
I used to think colored lights were the way to go. But something happened over the past decade or so whereas the general population of this country became partially (maybe even totally) color blind. I have yet to see a tasteful display of multi-colored Christmas lights yet. I say clear.

14. Favorite Christmas song?
Traditional, I'll have to go with "Silent Night". "Sleigh Ride", performed by Mr. Harry Connick Jr. is a good one too.

And now, for the disclaimer:
1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3. Tag random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Send Chad some Christmas cash. (I except PayPal.)

Have fun Jeff, Kev, and Josh!!

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist D' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP