Thursday, November 13, 2008

Elton's Gonna' Have To Turn In His Card

Elton John, who famously portrayed the Don of the Gay Mafia on Will & Grace, may be getting his knees capped.  At the very least, the gay establishment will most assuredly ask him to turn in his homo-membership club card and forego any future "Dildo of the Month" benefits.

"I don't want to be married. I'm very happy with a civil partnership. If gay people want to get married, or get together, they should have a civil partnership," John says. "The word 'marriage,' I think, puts a lot of people off.
Tsk, tsk, John.  Don't you know that equal rights are only equal if they semantical terminology that accompanies them are the same as well?  It's impossible to be happy unless you're "married".

Just ask Britney.

ETA:  Okay.  So, I first came across this little blurb over on Joe.My.God's site (I just felt dirty admitting that).  I thought it was it interesting that he had posted it, so I went back (still feel dirty) just to see what his readers felt about one of their own going against the grain.  Seems as though the most parroted line in the comments is that "separate but equal is not equal."

It's funny that this is the same crowd that wholly endorse things like hate crimes legislations and special schools for LGBT kids, etc.  How is it that we are to expect equality across the board from our government when our "leadership" so willingly and easily segregates the community on their own?

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist D' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP