Monday, September 26, 2005

Cindy Sheehan: A Love Letter

My Dearest Cindy,

I will never forget the moment you stepped into the limelight, for that is the moment you took up permanant residence in my heart. From the first instance that I saw the Texas sun being filtered through your golden hair, I knew. I knew with every fiber of my being that I had found the one.

Cindy, my utter devotion to you is true. So true in fact, that I will not lie. At first, I wondered about you. Who is this Cindy Sheehan woman? What is her place in this world? I will admit that my first impression of you was one pure averageness. A grieving mother is all you were to me in the beginning. There is a saying that you never get a second chance to make a first impression, and so I dismissed you. Little did I know what a monumental mistake I had nearly commited.

Like a recurring wet dream, you kept finding ways to waltz back into my life. I kept seeing you on TV, reading about you in the papers. The more I saw, the more I understood. This was no mere woman whose son was stripped from her by Nazi tyrant. No. This woman was special. She has a vision of a new world and she is only just getting started sharing that vision.

Some people call you a media whore. They say that you have used your son's death to catapult you to political fame. My blood boils with rage when I hear such talk. They don't understand, Cindy. They don't understand what I understand, what I know to be true. Your ideas. Your compassion. Your eloquence. Your natural beauty. They all add up to equal one magnificent and selfless human being. A human being that I have fallen for.

Which is why my heart breaks when I see things such as this. You, with your arms wrapped around another man. A man who looks as though he couldn't care less about you save your ability to get him brownie points with the anti-war crowd. Do you not see?? Can you not comprehend how this validates those who would slander you and your good name?

Yet even through this, I have not given up hope. I have not yet conceded that this is a love that has been raised in vain. I know this all must sound impossible given the fact that I am gay, but I swear to you, Cindy - my devotion is pure....

Love Always And In All Ways,

Chad

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist D' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP