Tuesday, September 27, 2005

CoD? Commander In Chief Review

Call me close-minded. Call me suspicious. Call me politically bigoted. I really see no way that this show can be seen as anything other than a multiple orgasm for liberals.

First, we have a female in the Oval Office. None other than Geena Davis. Now, I have no problem with this. There are plenty of women out there that I would have no problem whatsoever in voting for. Lt. Ellen Ripley - let's face it... bitch kicks ass. Parker Posey - I would fork over an exorbitant sum to hear her drop, "I just hate you... and I hate your ass face!" on Kofi Annan. Or how 'bout Richard Simmons? At least we'd all be fit as hell.

The issue here isn't really the fact that a chick is running the show, it's how she got the job. A Republican candidate with a 40% approval rating chooses an "independent" female as a running mate to up his poll numbers. Not based on merit. Not based on experience. She's got a pair of fun-pillows and a hoo-ha. He then makes the mistake of having a brain aneurysm and dies.

Ooops.

Second, being that there's a 99.999995327% chance that this show was penned by people with, how shall we say... left-leaning tendencies, we're naturally going to have a hard-lining right wing Speaker who encourages the female VP to heed the president's wish and resign from office, thereby giving him the White House. I saddens me to think of the scores of Hollywood liberals that leapt at the chance to play this evil Gingrich-like role who has a Bible on hand at every moment just on the off chance that someone must be sworn into office in a public restroom, only to be edged out by Donald Sutherland. However will they fuel their private jets now....?

Needless to say, I expected all this. I saw the commercials. I know where it's coming from. Give me something that really shocks me.

Ok. How 'bout making the new President's first move in office a military operation to free... what? An oppressed people under rule of a dictator known to indiscriminately gas them? A continent under threat of a fascist ruler bent on wiping out entire races of people? Nope. A woman in Nigeria who is set to be tortured and executed for having sex. A noble cause, no doubt. The best thing to convince the fictional American public and the very real viewing audience that you're "not gonna' take any shit!"??? ... Not so sure.

Even before her off-the-cuff speech in front of Congress, I could see Geena Davis transforming into Mecca-Hillary! And that's really all I saw this to be - a thinly veiled glimpse of what it would be like should an "independent" woman (read: Hillary) become president.

I really wish that I could just sit back, watch, and enjoy shows like this and Over There. But with the current political climate as is, and the liberal left doing anything possible to regain a foothold, I just can't help but see ulterior motives in every single thing they do.

This show being no exception.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist D' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP